Becoming a mother is a life changing experience that seems to turn your whole world upside down and inside out. But it’s easy to forget about our other halves who have just become new dads too.
So with Valentine’s Day on the 14th, here are 14 reasons us new mums should be thanking the new daddies in our lives.
Thank you Daddy…
– For coming home from work after a busy day and quite happily looking after the baby while I have a shower/eat/go to the loo/do that thing I have been dying to do all day!
-For telling me I still look great with a post pregnancy body and dark circles under my eyes!
-For making me laugh when I wanted to cry.
– For actually offering to change the smelliest most disgusting nappy and not moaning about it!
– For getting up to do a night feed – even if it was just the once.
– For letting me have a lie in on a Sunday – allowing me to realise what sleep is again!
– For working out how to take that toy apart that’s needed new batteries for days and then replacing them.
– For going to the nearest open shop at 2am to get more milk
– For cooking your speciality dish once a week
– For emptying your pockets before putting your clothes in for the wash!
-For telling me I’m a good mum when I’ve needed to hear it the most.
– For not waking us when you leave for work.
– For recording all my favourite programs on the telly. Even though I probably won’t get a chance to watch them all.
– For loving our little family so much and making us all so happy.
Had to end with a soppy one!
Wishing you all a lovely Valentine’s Day!
Still need a gift? Why not treat your other half to a Best Dad Light Up Photo Frame? Only £14 from Bippity Boppity Shopity @bbshopity Twitter/Facebook/Instagram
Until next time!